WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Workshop name tags 3


Cory's name plaque  was to be a diamond shape. The vertical and horizontal lines play off this shape and a comic font offsets the squareness of the diamond. It uses a bitmap from my TEXTURE MAGIC collection called checkerboard squiggles.


The border of the panel is a basic flat relief. Then I modified this relief by using the bevel tool, but I set the perimeters to limit to the height.


Then I imported the bitmap, enlarged and entered it on the panel. 


The letter outline was created as a separate relief, adjusted vertically and then merged highest to the plaque.


The lettering was the last element to be added. It is a bevel with a base height of 0.15". As quick as that the file was ready for tool pathing.  



-dan