WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Counter inlay and other progress

Progress continues on many fronts at the Fox & Hounds pub. Because so many people are working in a small space we have to be very flexible, often working on three or four areas in a single day. Today was one of those days. Things are getting completed however.

A number of weeks ago I used EnRoute to create files of a simplified logo. This file was taken to my MultiCam dealer and he kindly used the MultiCam water jet cutter to cut the pieces from stainless steel and brass. I gave the pieces to the fellow who was casting the concrete countertops for the new bar. Yesterday they arrived at the pub at last and look fabulous! The logo is about 24" tall and appears in two places on the bar. It adds a very classy detail to the project!


The temporary floor came down revealing the London rooftop for the pub patrons. It is giving everyone a first glimpse of what is to come in the other parts we have been working on. 



I'll be posting some new pictures soon that will show the many other areas of progress around the pub. It is all coming together quickly now.

-dan