WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Friday, September 16, 2011

Workshop name tags 2


The second name tag was a relatively simple one. Jeff's name tag would feature his name on a log round.


I imported the long round with splits bitmap from my TEXTURE MAGIC collection. The relief was a simple circle with a dome shape. The bitmap was then applied.


The lettering outline is then made into a relief, and then modified into a dome shape with a similar sized circle vector using the same settings as he original background vector.




Stay tuned for some more name plaques coming up.

-dan