WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Questions, answers and comments

Lots of folks seem to be enjoying the ongoing series of articles I post each week chronicling our routing adventures and projects. I get feedback from those in the industry, and I also get plenty of emails and phone calls which I appreciate. Feedback on all fronts will continue to shape this blog in the future.

I also get lots of questions concerning our projects. People like to know why I do some of the things I do. They need to know the logic behind the actions. I fully understand this. Even thinking about things and documenting them here forces me to think about how and why I do them the way I do.As I prepare for and teach my workshops I have found I am learning a whole lot in the process.

But I also know that much of what I do is commonplace for me because I do it all the time. I know it through repetition and experience. And I believe it's easy for me to forget that others, including many who might follow this blog are at the start of the game and new to the world of routing or making three dimensional projects. Or some seasoned pro's (who could teach me many tricks) might look at something I do and wonder why I do it that particular way. I have lots to learn!

I read every email I get and do my best to answer every question. Through experience in our workshops I know the best sessions are when I get lots of questions and discussion. If one person asks it, chances are there are others who were wondering the same thing. Sometimes the question and comment periods can lead the discussion in ways I might not have thought of and a lot of learning takes place.

I would encourage everyone who reads the blog to take a minute and ask those questions that come to mind in the comment box at the bottom of each entry. I'll take the time to answer. If I don't know the answer I know plenty of folks who most likely do. If you want to see a new subject covered or perhaps see more detail on something I have done please let me know. We'll all learn in the process. 

And that is what this blog is about...

-dan