The six STL files I purchased and downloaded from the internet turned out pretty fine. They routed without any difficulty and combined with a textured background panel and four rivets (created in EnRoute they will fit right into the MutliCam board room. We primed them with Coastal Enterprises water based primer, purposefully leaving a bit of a stipple texture with a brush in the thick paint. Then we put on three coats of the metallic copper (also by brush) and topped it off with a dark brown glaze. We may yet add a little green patina but will make that decision after everything else is done and in place.
The plaques vary in size a little but are approximately 18" x 20". They all were routed from 30 lb Precision Board that was 2" thick. Under the indirect lighting they should look spectacular!
We used the same copper color and glazes on the frame of the submarine piece that will be featured on the center wall. It is coming along nicely and will be done later this week. Stay tuned...