WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Monday, January 14, 2013

Building a train - part four


Some of the truck components were built as separate components. they will be routed separately and them assembled to be part of the log car truck. These spring boxes were fun to build.

The vectors were created entirely in EnRoute.



I created the springs first using the dome tool.


I then modified these spring reliefs using the pill shaped vector and the dome tool.



I created the flat relief of the spring box and then added the rivets using the dome tool.



I created a shallow flat relief to form a back for the box. It was built separately.



 Then I rendered the pieces the spring was too high and protruded from the box.



I would remedy this in the front view by nudging the spring downwards until it was within the box.


I also built a 'bowl around the whole works. Everything would be merged to this bowl.


Four of these boxes would be routed for the log car trucks.


These will be routed along with all of the other pieces for the trucks and then assembled with the wheels done previously. Here's a pic of the log car wheels, straight from the router.


Stay tuned for more progress...

-dan