WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Monday, May 9, 2011

Done!

I got so into painting the lettering I forgot to take a picture of the last coat of glaze.  It was a dark brown glaze over the entire sign including the bird and worm.  I left a little more glaze around the lettering to make sure the lettering jumped out. Because I had raised the lettering about 1/8" it was quick and easy to paint the tops, just dragging the brush along the edge. It didn't take a lot of skill. Practice does make it go a lot faster however.


The big letters were triple coated, the small ones were done in only two coats. Then I added the pupils to the eyes of the bird and worm, and a tiny white highlight to make them come alive. And just like that it was done!


I'll let it harden up for a day or two before I package it up and send it off.

Now it is on to the next...

-dan