WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Sunday, May 22, 2011

CHALLENGE STILL GOING!

Eighteen months ago I issued a CHALLENGE to my sign making friends. The CHALLENGE was for everyone to create one sign or project that was for themselves. It was to be  sample for their shops. The sign was to be of the type they would make if cost was no object - the type of sign they dreamed of making. In our shop we upped the ante, creating one sign each month instead. These signs worked beyond my wildest dream for us. They've been honored with many international awards, been featured in articles and most importantly brought in the type of work we WANT to do.

Today I received word the CHALLENGE is still going. The CHALLENGE, along with pictures of our projects is being published one more time - in Russian this time. A six page feature is to be published in the biggest Ukrainian Sign Magazine.

It is my sincere hope some sign makers there take up my challenge for themselves!




-dan