WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Smooth move

Anytime we move a large piece it is always an exciting day.  The day we move something this large it's over the top! My client was handling the move so it was less stressful than usual. The load towed smooth, and at reasonable speeds it was stable and easy. The good news was we only had ten miles to go.


The tight turn up the steeper hill to the lake went without incident. 



When we arrived at the ale it took a few minutes to hook up the zoom boom. Thankfully, the feature balanced almost perfectly.



It was tight maneuvering as we squeezed between the trees but it went without a scratch.



We had to lift the feature and spin it to clear the pipes and conduits to set it into place. We were almost there!


The skilled operator carefully set it down as we guided it into position at the edge of the bumper boat pool.


The first piece of this massive project is now in place. The light house that will sit on top is now underway in the shop. This week I'll begin the routing of the lettering that will fasten to the sign face. I'll be documenting that process here for sure.

Over the next weeks and months we'll be building and hauling many more to join it.

Stay tuned...

-dan