WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Leaning Bucky


The Bucky Beaver sign post is partially chewed through and is to lean precariously over the bumper boat pool. Doing this was relatively easy. I just cut a wedge our of the post and then welded the square tubing back up.


The sign structure is all hidden inside. I first welded up a frame while the steel was inside the sign, but with one side open for access


Here's another closeup showing how the eye bolt was welded to some flat bar which is turn welded to the square tubing.


And here's the sign glued up and ready for some hand work. I'll be installing the permanent hanging clasps tomorrow and also welding the heavy steel rod (that is glued into the side of the sign) to the post when the sign is at the right angle.


Then we can attach the galvanized diamond lath to the post in preparation for the fiberglass reinforced concrete. The sculpting of the beaver and detailing of the sign faces will be the next step. Stay tuned...

-dan