WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Prefabrication


Although we've been crazy busy for the last three weeks and have accomplished much there hasn't been time for reporting the progress here. It's time to catch up on things a little.

There will be a lot of pieces to design and route for this project, but along with that is a lot of other work which will be tied in. We are literally building a small mountain (large in my eyes) on which some of the routed work will attach. As onsite work begins we have largely been working in the shop, prefabricating as much as we can. Our client regularly drops off the supporting structural frameworks around which we will build our pieces.


The work accomplished each day with my growing crew is amazing. The piles of prefabricated pieces are large and growing daily These pieces will quickly transform the project when we begin onsite work there in the next few days.




Stay tuned for progress reports...

-dan