WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A little bit of progress

Today was an exceptionally busy day... with only a little physical work to show for it at the end. But a lot did get done, even if there wasn't much to show. We replaced the truck today with a new vehicle. That turns the page on the loss of the old one. And I had a couple of good meetings with new clients that will bring some very exciting and large projects in the near future. I even got a free lunch out of the deal too. It doesn't get much better than that. While I was out meeting with clients the MultiCam was busy whittling out the four fossil plaques. They look pretty cool unpainted and should look even better when we are done! They measure 16" x 16" x 1" thick.





And when I finally got back to the shop I needed to get my hands dirty - after I returned a few phone calls and emails of course. Then it was time to make a little dust.  I had snuck in the time to route and glue up the triceratops this morning. The rough shape was there but it was time for a little hand work...


I used my favorite tool for the job... a die grinder with a large bit. It just vaporizes the 30 lb Precision Board. In about 40 minutes I had done what I needed to satisfy my need to make some dust. I'll study it for a bit and then hack away a little more before we do a little sculpting to add some detail. I've got the mounting plate in the design stage. It's going to look very imposing hanging on the wall - as every triceratops tends to do without even trying.  :)


-dan