WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ready to have some fun in the round.

I love big deliveries. It is almost like Christmas then a BIG truck back up the long driveway. My good neighbor Gord gets excited too for it is a chance for him to use his forklift. In this case we used both the BoCat (with the forks installed AND the forklift for those were heavy loads! The excitement today was for our order from Precision Board. There was a LOT of material - just under five and a half TONS in all. All of it was either 30 or 40 lb board which we use exclusively in our shop. I had asked for a variety of blocks to also be included - all fodder for the new four axis MultiCam. There's no way to get good unless you practice.


One of the pieces we will be building is a display piece for Coastal Enterprises. (Precision Board) It is not well known but they offer a custom gluing service. They will make up blocks of any size and shape. 

So I put in my order for a custom made block that was somewhat irregular in shape and size. It arrived today with the rest of the order, glued up perfectly. It is HEAVY and measures 20" x 20" at the base and is 6' 5" tall.


I know one thing for sure...  I will have to do a little practicing with the four axis setup before I build the file and push the GO button on this baby! 

Even so I can hardly wait!!!

-dan