WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Friday, December 23, 2011

Hailey's first sign is done

Hailey was actually off today but at 8:00 am when I unlocked the shop doors she was there waiting. today was the day she would put the finishing touches to her first sign. It used all the tricks and techniques we have used for the Fox and Hounds project. She used the die grinder, sander, she sculpted, primed and painted. The there was a little twisting of wire for the knarly tree and layers of colored glaze to tone it all down, tie it together and make it look old.


Christmas morning Hailey will proudly give it away to her beloved grandparents. The sign is for the family cottage by the ocean. She has a right to be proud too for it is a nice looking sign. 

Well done!

-dan