WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Monday, June 13, 2011

Setting the bar

With each day the new project is a series of new things, each setting the style and level of finish we will do through the rest of the job. Each new aspect of the job is a test, to see how all the different techniques and mediums can be blended together to look like one large, seamless piece.

The beginning of the sawn woodgrain was sculpted today, the first two of a number of wine barrels that will frame feature pieces, bulletin boards, and other things through the pub.


The carved concrete woodgrain is designed to match the woodgrain we routed into the mantle piece yesterday.



When I got home I couldn't resist putting in a few minutes to finish sculpting the tortoise.


Next up we begin the painting process which is bound to be a lot of fun!


-dan