WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another one done!

Last week the weather finally got nice enough for three days in a row to finish our project on Vancouver Island. I had delivered the pieces a couple of weeks ago so the client could build the small building. I was to do the faux rock work around the bottom and do a little touchup. The work only took about 12 hours at a leisurely pace, sometimes merely waiting for paint to dry. I spent an equal amount of time just getting to the worksite and back.

The days were warm and sunny, the birds were singing cheerfully, perfect for the work at hand. Everything we had done in the shop fit perfectly and looked great along side the work we had done six years previous. Matching colors on the touchups was easy as we had carefully noted the colors we had used and the old paint had faded little in the ensuing years. It's nice when a plan comes together!
I of course had to take the convertible for one last test drive before I headed back down the road home.
-dan