Yesterday the compressor issues were finally sorted out. It turns out the new motor had to come all the way from Montreal. Being heavy it came overland and Montreal is a long ways from the tiny town of Yarrow! While we were at it I took the advice of the compressed air folks and added a large air storage tank near the router. This will allow the compressor to charge up half as often, giving it time to bleed off the pressure at the pump so it starts under less load. Saturday I'll start running files again on the MultiCam. I want to be here when I run it for the first time with the fixed compressor just to make sure all is well.
Meanwhile things are going pretty good at the Fox and Hounds Pub project. We finished mudding and carving the trees today. After what seems like many, many days of work they came together in an instant.
As we looked at the fireplace the discussion turned to which piece we would hang over the mantle. I suggested a new idea in keeping with our 'British' theme. A wild animal head, bagged by a 'great white hunter of Victorian times. The owner loved the idea and wanted a giant wild boar's head.
I agreed, but added that the 'actual' blunderbuss used to take this trophy animal also be displayed, complete with a brass plaque that told the story. The 'antique' firearm will be designed in EnRoute of course, and routed from 30lb Precision Board on the MultiCam. You can count on the process of designing the file, routing, assembling and painting it will be covered here in the days to come.