WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring Sign Magic Workshop almost here!

The next Sign Magic Workshop is almost upon us. For three long days we will share everything we possibly can with our guests. Jeff Hartman, one of the authors of EnRoute Software will be our guest instructor once again. We'll be showing how we create our dimensional files for the router plus a whole lot more.

I'll talk of where I get my ideas, how I draw them for presentation, through the file creation, routing, prepping, priming, painting. Each student will get to try their hand at a variety of techniques and projects. The days will be long and full!

As March 4-6 quickly approaches we are beginning preparations in earnest. The MultiCam is busy churning out sample pieces for each student.


In the next weeks I'll be showing some of the techniques we use to create the name plaques which we create for each guest. Today the router was busy creating the letter samples which everyone will practice their painting techniques which we will show. Tomorrow will be more of the same.

Even though it will be our tenth Sign Magic Workshop I am just as excited as always. We have a great group already signed up with a couple more seats still vacant. Its going to be FUN!

I'm counting the days...

-dan