WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sonbuilt 3D logo build finish

This morning I put the last color of glaze on the foreground trees to finish the Sonbuilt logo. It came together quickly. My client is anxious to try out the waterfall but that will have to wait for a few days while the paint cures. The piece is off to the cabinet makers this morning to have the lectern built around it.


The trade show setup is Thursday - about the time the paint will be cured properly. Then we'll fill the well with water and turn on the pump for the first time. What could possibly go wrong?  :)

I've edited this post to include the original artwork done by Curtis Cottrell which we started with to show how dramatic this nice flat art can become when another dimension is added.


-dan