This morning I delivered and installed a sign. The temps are well above what we normally enjoy in these parts and I got plenty warm in the sunshine. I decided I would reward myself by working in the cool shop and finish the interior of the submarine. I was anxious for the LED lights had arrived yesterday - days ahead of my planned schedule. I used sculpting epoxy to create the details. For the little rivets around the front and rear bulkheads I used little googly eyes from a dollar store. They were pressed into the wet primer. With the warm temps and a good fan the primer dried pretty fast - as did the coats of gold colored paint.
Then it was time for the moment of truth... how would it look with the LED's, new territory for me. The LED's I am using are contact-less miniature units. I just slide them over the wire and position them as needed. I can use as many or as few as I need. Each unit has two bright bulbs and I used three on this project... one underneath, one behind the seat and one behind the gages in the dash. When I fired them up I was DELIGHTED!!!!
I'll let things cure good and hard overnight and then begin final assembly tomorrow...