WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shake, rattle and roll

The streetcar glued together quickly. There was still a little hand work to do but it didn't take long. The Precision Board sands easily and in only a few minutes to was ready to mate with the rest of the sign.
This was just a small sample sign measuring about two feet square and six inches deep but the detail I was able to achieve was incredible!
The electrical pickups were fashioned from welding rod. I painted on the base coats of color during brief periods during the day allowing it to dry between. A dark red glaze was added to the bottom to highlight the textures. The last touch was a little gold leaf to add some bling.

In a period of only three days and only using spare minutes I had created a wonderful sample piece for our trade show display.

-dan