WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Multi-tasking

Even after more than four years of running our MultiCam router I can't resist sneaking into the router room to watch it perform it's MAGIC. I know it is all based on math formulas but I find it incredible that I don't have to think of all that. I dream up my ideas, create my files and push start on the router. Then the MAGIC happens every time!


While the machine was busy I went back to my office and stated work on the next file needed for the sign. The vector files were created in mere minutes using the drawing tools in EnRoute.
I built the relieves needed and then added the bitmap files I had created to generate the textures. Its as easy as importing the files, entering in a numeric value and hitting enter. By the time the streetcar was done on the router another tool-pathed file of the sign was ready to start.

While this portion of the sign was running I started in on assembly of the streetcar.

I'll post pictures of that progress next time...

-dan