All of the drawings were created in EnRoute full size. This ensured accuracy and also allowed us to create the cutting files for the plasma cutter at the same time. We exported the drawings as DWG files so the engineers could work on the plans in AutoCad. We gave our MultiCam plasma cutter a good workout on the heavy plate steel. Today we finished the true framework for the base.
Then it was time at last to begin the fun stuff. We prefabbed the head and tail of the Viking shipwreck and then placed them with the forklift before welding them firmly in place. This thing is pretty massive and will get a lot bigger yet as we add the rockwork and other bits of the ship around these first two elements.