WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Mechanical Marvel - part one

Peter (my son) is also entering a piece in the 2016 Sign Challenge. He says someone has to keep me in line. :)  It was a chance for him to learn and practice EnRoute software and also get up to speed at operating both the MultiCam router and plasma cutter. It is the first time he has worked on the high tech stuff. I am amazed at how fast he became proficient at designing in the software and operation machines. I looked over his shoulder and coached him a little when he was stuck the first few days but now he is totally off and running - at full speed!


Peter is building an automatic, artistic android with steampunk styling. The years that he spent as an animator came in handy as he adds that spark of life to the mechanical marvel!