I did a quick coat of sculpting epoxy and then mounted the leg and claw bases. To keep things aligned I carved small support blocks from the four pound foam and propped everything in place. Then I let it all set up overnight.
After leaving it harden overnight I could work on the piece easily without having things slide around or droop. I drilled for the supporting dowel and mounted the body at the right height and angle. Then it was a matter of gluing on the balance of the pieces and mounting them to the base board. Easy. Once I had sculpted the undersides and added the detail on the lower body I again set it to the side to harden.
With the piece set up I could handle it easier without fear of handling the fragile model. I spent a little time adding the extra details. Once it had set up again (a couple of hours) I could add some primer, primarily to add more texture.
Tomorrow I'll spend a few minutes bending some wire and gluing it in place to simulate hydraulic hoses and electrical lines. Then we'll be ready to begin the paint process. It's going to be fun!