I then stretched it out to make the shape I desired. I then used the drawing tool to create the jagged outline I wanted for the sign.
I then selected the vector shape and used the dome tool to create a relief. When you use the dome tool on an irregular shape it doesn't come out perfectly smooth. Since this would be a rough piece of driftwood that was perfectly OK.
I then applied the bitmap to the relief.
I then used the sculpting tool to deepen the ridges in the driftwood relief. The effect is subtle and not easily seen on screen but it transforms a rather flat relief into pure magic. The endview of the piece shows the effect a little better.
I drew a vector rectangle that fit the inch and a half square tubing that would form the structure for the sign. After positioning it I used the jigsaw tool to grab the outline we would cut. This formed the middle layer of the sign. I would cut this from 1.5" 30 lb Precision Board.
Now I modified this relief by first adding the next letter bordering.
The last step was to modify the relief one more time by adding the bevelled letters. I used the constant height option.
With that the file was ready to tool path and then send to the MultiCam.
In my next post I'll show how the sign was assembled over the armature. Stay tuned...