WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Friday, March 2, 2012

No horsing around today

Today was a busy one in the shop, both getting ready for the upcoming Sign Magic Workshop and also working on some projects. The Lark Rise sign got the bulk of the attention today with the final base oats and glazes being applied. The ladies did the bulk of the work and did a great job too!

In the shot below Sarah and Haley are just finishing the second coat of glaze on the post.


In the bottom shot the first coat of the colors are on with a couple more to go. The last step will be the 23K gold leaf on the lettering.


We are almost there now!

-dan