WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Monday, March 14, 2011

And then he was gone!

It is always exciting when a sign is delivered or a customer comes to pick it up. These days our clients often watch the signs progress on our blog. We had communicated often by mail in the last weeks as well. As they drive up the driveway they were even more delighted with what they saw. He was after all bigger than life! Once the inspection was done we went into the office to do the necessary paperwork and then I fired up the forklift to move him to the trailer.  There were a few anxious seconds as I approached for the stand looked a little tall but there were a couple of inches to spare.


With lots of help he slid in pretty easy and we bolted the stand to the floor in a couple of minutes while the owner added a couple of straps to the top of the stand in case of sudden stops or turns. This bull had no chance of getting loose! We decided to weld one more small brace on the bottom of the stand just for peace of mind. I fired up the welder and in a few seconds it was done. Everything was checked one more time for this beast was traveling a thousand miles before he was home. Then, as quick as the excitement had started they were gone.


As I walked back to the house tonight the yard felt strangely empty. I knew the bull was going to a good home, but wondered what his name would be...

-grampa dan