WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was only seven years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research I quickly found out that with the relative simplicity of EnRoute, CNC routers were capable of just about anything imaginable. This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as we continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful software... -dan

Saturday, July 24, 2010

MultiCam boardroom mockup

I finished the woodwork on the boardroom table this morning. Now it is time to begin the finishing process, the part I find the most fun! I'll sculpt some barnacles and a couple of starfish onto the large base to add interest for those who look close. Everything will be visible through a plexiglass centerpiece on the table.
As a reward for my hard work on the table top I decided to mock the room up and see how everything fit. This meant a shop clean and organize as things are always tight when a big project is underway. The top of the heavy, 'cast metal' arches are still imaginary until I can confirm measurements onsite next week. But even with all the missing pieces it is exciting to see things coming together. This will be a boardroom like none other!
This afternoon I'll start in on the finishes for the table including some barnacles and starfish on the heavy tube under the table. Those who take the time to look close will be rewarded. The best is yet to come on this project.
Stay tuned...
-dan